Our Application Process
Our application process typically involves an on-line application and an interview.
Depending on the nature of the role there may be additional stages of the selection process that you need to complete such as a video interview, psychometric tests or a 2nd interview stage.
Stage 1 - Online Application Form
- Upload your CV
- Answer a few questions about your skills and experience
- We will review your application and let you know if you have been successful in progressing to the next stage
Stage 2 - Interview
- At your interview we will explore further the competences and behaviours you have shown throughout the process
- Prepare for your interview by spending some time considering the qualities relevant to the job that you have gained from your experiences and achievements
- If you are successful, we will offer you a role
In view of the nature and environment of our work all offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks. These include:
- checking identity
- right to work in the UK
- employment references
- Basic Disclosure criminal records checks
Other checks may be required depending on the nature of the job for which you have applied, e.g., qualifications or enhanced security checks.
Scottish Water does not discriminate unfairly against applicants who may have a criminal history. Employment of individuals with a criminal record will depend on the nature of the position for which they have applied and the circumstances of their offences.